• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Aktuelles Kartenmaterial für Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT, ROAM, ELEMNT selbst generieren

Is it possible that the VTM\VTM-Bolt and Roam 2\ path is missing at the OneDrive? (Or am I totally blind, also possible :D)

Okay it is under wahooMapsCreator-Maps/Sample Themes/VTM/...! So I'm official blind.

Can you share any details? Place=Hamlet is a maps setting. And it's included in the map generation. Valhalla (or our adapted Wahoo version/fork of it) is pretty much a box at which you throw a osm file and routing comes out. Speaking from the top of my mind here, but configuration is minimal and I am 99,999 % sure it doesn't use the place= etc kind of configuration, it just uses what's in the osm file and what I use as input are the official complete OpenStreetMap planet files. I don't have a routing capable Wahoo device so I don't even know how it works on the devices. Can you write out what is different between the Wahoo and mine version with example hamlet's?

Yes, correct, played around a bit and found the problem: Sometimes the streets in and around a hamlet are tagged with the name of the hamlet. Example for hamlet "Wipfing":
wipfing_neu.jpg

Obviously this taggings were removed from a few hamlets around my area, because in the new routing tiles and in osm they are missing:
old-new.jpg

So everything is o. k. There must be even more info in the new tiles, because the filesizes are bigger.

New maps for Europe are up on the OneDrive http://wahoomaps.higli.de/. New in this version is that the elevation is derived from Sonny's data where available which consists of lidarr data and seems to be the most accurate option available (I am told). Furthermore the maps now contain a very simple implementation of highlighting bicycle and MTB routes. If you look at the Cruiser screenshot, ways in purple are part of bicyle/MTB routes. BUT you do need to use my vtm-bolt and roam2 theme on the OneDrive to see them atm.
It's very simple but it will/can tell you where the best/safest/most touristic etc routes are.
The theme is not perfect, it does not work on bridges atm. But for the lucky ones with colour units this could be a nice extra I hope.
1723719377203.png

A test version where all items have a zoom appear level of 12 or lower, so that by customizing the theme you can for instance show bakeries on zoom level 12. Downside (as reported) map gets flooded by poi's because the theme's out there use to liberal settings which was never an issue because they where not in the map on those zoomlevels anyway. Hope I make myself clear.

Bei 2 von 3 meiner letzten Touren hat sich mein Roam v1 beim rauszoomen "verschluckt". Ich konnte nicht gar nicht mehr zoomen. Kennt das jemand? Ev. habe ich ja einen Fehler im Theme?

Da "bringe mich (auf Karte)" zu ist nun auch schon einige Versionen einfach nicht mehr möglich. Es bewegt sich nichts.

Eben wollte ich versuchen den Fehler zu finden, aber im Kellter scheint es bisher ok. Jemand eine Idee oder ähnliche Erfahrungen?

Not really, I had this a few times a long time ago. Back then I'm pretty sure the cause was too much data in the map for my poor bolt 1 to handle and it would crash and restart.
Could be a bad maptile?
Only way to test would be to just exclude things I guess.
  • remove the custom theme and test
  • purge caches and test
  • revert to standard maps which should also overwrite the routing tiles
  • if it works now, install the custom theme and check
If it still doesn't work you have a mystery on your hands 😯. Also, but you already know, don't upload new maps while in the map view on the device.
Last option would of course be a factory reset ( make sure first Wahoo has a backup of your config)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ever tried overwriting an open file? ;-)
Granted, most of the time it works but I know of people ending up with blank or defective tiles. Just better to not be there when updating

@Ebe66 Danke für deine Ideen.

Insgesamt nervt es nun langsam doch arg. Bin aber auch zur Zeit einfach nicht "gut drauf" :(

Zum einen ist es die alte Roam v1 Hardwareversion, zum anderen ein gebrauchtes Gerät. Es erstellt keine Backups bei Wahoo.

Dann hatte ich noch kleine Änderungen am Theme vorgenommen und dabei ev. Fehler eingebaut. Es ist ev. an der Zeit einen Ersatz zu kaufen.

Also depends on how much you care about your "setup". I couldn't care less, maybe you do.
I believe herruin had a similar issue with the backup. If I remember correctly Wahoo in the end managed to assign the device to his account and the backup was there??

Du hast natürlich Recht. Gestern habe ich wahoo angeschrieben. Es bleibt ja ein wenig Hoffnung.

War ja nun fast total happy :( Nun geht der Webserver aber auch nicht mehr und es fehlt einfach an Usern,, die mit der alten Version und handgemachten Karten und Themes, zum Austausch bereit sind!

Ich werde nun mal ein "wipe" ausführen. Fühlt sich eh ein wenig nach EOL. an :(

Zurück
Oben Unten